Pictures of wild flowers blooming in the Habitat Garden.
Photos taken by Rachel James.
We are interested in receiving donations of plant materials. We are trying to use material that is native to the state and the New England area. In particular, we are seeking a range of plants but especially:
- Columbine (aquilegia canadensis), the native red and yellow only
- Purple coneflower (Echinacea purpurea) both the purple and white varieties but not cultivars like "Little Kim"
- Black cohosh (cimicifuga racemosa)
- Joe-Pye Weed (Eupatorium fistulosum)
- Boneset (eupatorium perfoliatum)
- Culver's root (veronicastrum)
- Marsh marigold (Clethra palustris)
- NY Ironweed (vernonia noveboracensis)
- Obedient plant (physostegia)
- Solomon's seal (polygonatum)
- Rudbeckia hirta, triloba and lacinata